Planning a Halloween soirée or just want to make your night handing out candy a little more fun, this make ahead Halloween frozen cocktail will do the trick. It’s slushy and refreshing, perfect for anytime of the year. The intense orange color and flavor is perfect for Halloween.
The making ahead is the best part about this drink recipe. It frees up your time during a party, that you are not mixing up drinks for your guest. Even if you don’t make it for a party, its always there ready in your freezer whenever you are ready for a cocktail.
This orange cocktail is low in calories, roughly 100 calories per serving! Love that right? Takes a little of the guilt out of enjoying a cocktail. This is just an estimate, actual calories and nutritional information will vary depending on the brand and proof of alcohol you use. This is what I used: vodka is roughly 64 calories her ounce, triple sec is roughly 125 calories her ounce, and each singles packet has 10 calories each.
ingredients are few and simple
Just vodka, triple sec, water and orange soda “singles to go” packets. You can use your favorite vodka, or if you don’t have one I recommend a middle priced vodka. I am no connoisseur of vodka but I stay away from the really cheap vodka, because I feel it over powers the drink. A step above that is usually the name brand vodka’s, the names that sound somewhat familiar, work great. Triple sec is great, most stores have no more than one to choose from, but the orange flavor is awesome and its inexpensive. Most grocery stores carry these “singles to go” packets but the flavors can vary store to store. I have the best luck at the 99 cent store for the Orange Crush flavor.
Orange Crush “Singles to Go” packets
Stir the ingredients together is glass batter bowl & metal spoon to avoid staining.
Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours
Use a fork to break up and create slushy mixture
- 6 oz Triple Sec
- 4 oz Vodka
- 16 oz water
- 3 individual Crush Orange singles to go
- Orange sugar *optional
- Combine the first hour ingredients in a bowl, mix to make sure the powder gets absorbed and mixed in. Use a glass batter bowl and metal spoon so there is no worry about staining and it is easy to pour. The orange coloring is intense in the "singles to go" packets, so please be careful.
- Once mixed pour into a freezer safe container. Again I use glass so staining isn't an issue. I have a bread loaf size glass dish, it holds 45 oz and has a plastic lid.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours. About half way through, it is not necessary but it helps make it easier to serve later, it you use a fork to break up the hard edges and mix it up.
- Once frozen, use a fork again to break it up and create a slushy mixture. It is ready to serve or you can put back into the freezer and it is ready to go anytime you are.
- To prep your glasses, dip the glass ring into bowl/plate of water and then into a bowl/plate of orange sugar. Carefully scoop the slushy cocktail into the glass and serve with a spoon.